1. Choose Your OptionAll students are invited and strongly encouraged to choose as many options as they'd like. All students who are new to Columbia must choose and complete at least one option.
Workshops and Events
Learn about healthy relationships, consent, ways to support survivors of sexual violence, and other topics.
Watch an award-winning feature-length film about gender identity, gender politics, gender and racial stereotypes, and more.
Watch and answer questions about short, online videos grouped by theme or, for graduate students, complete an online tutorial.
Resources for Healing and Resilience
Read, learn online or attend specialized workshops – this option is designed for survivors of sexual violence and others who want to learn more about supporting someone who is healing.
Develop your own option – individually or with others – from organizing workshops and readings, to art and multimedia.
After participating in any of the options, confirm your participation in CourseWorks. This step is only for students who are required to complete the Initiative.
1. Visit https://courseworks.columbia.edu.
2. Log in with your UNI and password.
3. Click on My Projects on the left column.
4. Click on 2015-16 Sexual Respect and Community Citizenship Initiative.
5. Follow the instructions for each option.
Once complete, you will get a confirmation email. Complete an evaluation of your experience with the initiative and you'll have a chance to win an iPad mini or Bose headphones (your choice!).
Take me to FAQs